EDMONTON INTERCULTURAL CENTRE (EIC) - OFFICE SPACE VACANCY
The Edmonton Intercultural Centre is actively seeking non-profit organizations
to occupy vacant office within the EIC facility.
An Application Process is Required.
Please call (780) 756-2655
for an application and/or more information.
Call for Nominations for
Edmonton Intercultural Centre Board 2023 - 2024
The Edmonton Intercultural Centre is currently seeking and accepting nominations for the EIC Board of Directors.
EIC is supported by the City of Edmonton and governed by a board of directors. It is home to non-profit organizations sharing a similar mandate or vision of intercultural sharing and learning, equity and diversity, and anti-racism. The vision of EIC is to create a centre for learning, research, recreation, and the arts that reflects and capitalizes on the rich diversity in the McCauley community and the City of Edmonton.
EIC is home to 13 like-minded organizations.
- Creating Hope Society (CHS)
- Multicultural Health Brokers Cooperative (MCHB)
- Intercultural Child and Family Centre (ICFC)
- Multicultural Family Resource Society (MFRS)
- Centre for Race and Culture (CFRAC)
- Changing Together (CT)
- Edmonton Multicultural Coalition (EMC)
- Chinese Cultural Promotion Society (CCPS)
- Filipino Canadian Saranay Association of Alberta (FCSAA)
- International and Heritage Languages Association (ICFC)
- Ribbon Rouge Foundation (RRF)
- Gabriela Mistral Latin American School (GMLAS)
- Francophonie Albertaine Plurielle (FRAP)
We welcome self-nominations and hope to see broad representation on the board including from the member-tenants, frequent user groups, the McCauley Community, and the wider Edmonton community who shares our aspiration to promote diversity, equity, and intercultural engagement.
Vision: Edmonton , an inclusive and intercultural community
Mission : Edmonton Intercultural Centre fosters a dynamic model of intercultural engagement
The submission date for email nominations is May 31, 2023.
See attached board application form.
Edmonton Intercultural Centre Board Application
Thank you for considering sharing your time, talents, and skills with the Edmonton Intercultural Centre. The time commitment involves one, two-hour, board meeting per month, as well as committee work outside the board meetings.
City: Province: Postal Code:
Phone Number: email:
- Current Position/Employer:
- Relevant Experience and/or Employment. Please attach resume.
- Please Circle area(s) of expertise/contribution you feel you can make to further the mission of the Edmonton Intercultural Centre:
Fundraising Policy Development Special Events Human Resources
Facility Management Evaluation Strategic Planning Technology
Political Connection: Provincial Federal Municipal
- Please list prior experience/s serving as a Board member for other non-profit organizations:
- What other volunteer commitments do you currently have?
- Why are you interested in serving as a Board Member for the Edmonton Intercultural Centre?
- Please share any other information you feel important for consideration of your application to serve the Edmonton Intercultural Centre:
For EIC Board Use;
- Nominee has had a personal meeting with the Board Chair or Nominations Committee Chair or other board member. Date:
- Nominee reviewed by the Committee: Date:
- Nominee proposed to the Board: Date:
- Board action elected/rejected: Date:
Grand Opening – May 29/2015